PART TWO: VOLS. 3 & 4

And the last two nights of this mostly outstanding series (Volumes 3 & 4, continued from previous post):
Vol. 3/4:
March 29, 2009
in house recording
Lincoln Center, Avery Fisher Hall
"Russian Dreams: The Music of Sergei Prokofiev"
Sergei Prokofiev
Symphony No.3 in C minor, Op.44 (1928)
- Moderato
- Andante
- Allegro agitato--Allegretto
- Andante mosso--Allegro agitato
Piano Concerto No.4 in B-flat major, Op.53 (1931)
- Vivace
- Andante
- Moderato
- Vivace
Encore Alexei Volodin
Symphony No. 4 in C major, Op.112
(revised version) (1947)
- Andante assai--Allegro eroico--Allegretto
- Andante tranquillo
- Moderato, quasi allegretto
- Allegro risoluto
Encore: Dance of the Knights from
Romeo and Juliet
Vol. 4/4:
March 30, 2009
Sergei Prokofiev
Symphony No.4 in C major, Op.47
(original version) (1929-30)
- Andante assai--Allegro eroico
- Andante tranquillo
- Moderato, quasi allegretto
- Allegro risoluto
Violin Concerto No.2 in G minor, Op. 63 (1935)
- Allegro moderato
- Andante assai
- Allegro, ben marcato
Encore
Vadim Repin and Andrew Haveron
Symphony No.5 in B-flat major, Op.100 (1944)
- Andante
- Allegro marcato
- Adagio
- Allegro giocoso
Encore: March from the Love of Three Oranges
London Symphony Orchestra
Valery Gergiev, conductor
Andrew Haveron, guest leader
Vadim Repin, violin
Alexei Volodin, piano
Each concert is divided into three parts (to make them under 100MB each), so get all 6 zip files, and just unzip them.
ReplyDeleteEverything is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=50ae659d938e90f37069484bded33bcd5f36060520aceafe
or, (smaller, but the same thing):
http://tinyurl.com/cuxsst
Hi Guillermo, it's Fabio from Rome. I wanted to thank you for the posts dedicated to Prokofiev. I found only one problem: the second file of the piano concerto no.4 is damaged and I am unable to extract it from the zip folder. Could you please check? Thank you very much. All the best for your marvelous blog!
ReplyDeleteAll fixed, and I tried it out, I think it all OK now!
ReplyDeleteGuillermo, fine!, zipping is much easier than stuffing (and unzipping easier than unstuffing...)
ReplyDeleteHaving enjoyed the previous batch, i jump avidly on this one...
This violin concerto I know quite well sounded new to me, or rather there were things never heard that way.
Muchisimas gracias
Thanks, Guillermo. Now it works!
ReplyDeleteEstoy comparando las grabaciones de 2006 y esta de 2009 y debo agradecerte infinitamente compartir esta joya en la que la LSO y Gergiev se superan.
ReplyDeleteGracias mil
Rebeca
Simply fantastic! A very warm and sincere thank you!
ReplyDeleteHola Guillermo,
ReplyDeleteTraté muchas veces ahora de bajar el cd4, y fracaso sobre fracaso!
Que hacer?
Discobole, sigue el problema? he bajado la 4 dos veces en los ultimos dos dias y sale bien...avise. Le doy otra opcion si sigue el gremlin en la maquina....
ReplyDeleteYa esta!
ReplyDeleteAhora me voy a escuchar!
Gracias!
Hi Guillermo. I'm a silent follower of your blog. I wish I could contribute, but I'm afraid I'll never be able to. I just wanted to make you aware that the link to mediafire with the 3rd and 4th parts of the Prokofiev series by Gergiev offers only 4, not 6 files. For March 30 there's just the 5th Symphony. Best, karetnikov (just my nick, not the composer!)
ReplyDeleteHi, I'd just like to echo the comment from 11/20/2010. I'd love to hear the Op. 47, Op. 63 and the encore, but parts 1 and 2 of volume 4 aren't posted.
ReplyDeleteI love this site!